Saturday 6 March 2010

Crochet goals

I love twitter and there is a wonderful crafting community on there. I was in awe of the way the community rallied round when paperchase refused to do anything when notified that one of their designs, which they had bought for a measly £350, had in fact been directly traced from an independent artist called hidden eloise. Within hours of the story breaking it was being retweeted none stop.

So rather than following celebs, shops and friends on there I've started following a lot of the crafting community, one such crocheter - the queen of crochet no less - has started setting daily crochet goals.

When I start my blog I had recently had a breakdown, whilst I am functioning day to day now I'm still not recovered. Some days it all still feels so black I cannot bring myself to move. Setting a crochet goal has been magnificant for me. Even if it has been only the odd row or two.

It started with my cup warmer - well hiddious mug cover.

And now, inspired by the wonderful work at attic24 I'm jar covering!

1 comment: